Configuring the IP address
How do you configure IP address in Solaris 11?
Configuring the IP address
- Step 1 : Set the NCP. We would set the NCP to DefaultFixed profile in order to configure the IP address manually.
- Step 2 : Check the link status. The command “dladm show-dev” does not work in Solaris 11.
- Step 3 : Create a new interface.
- Step 4 : Creating IP address.
How do I find network interfaces in Solaris 11?
Another easy way to quickly check the interface link status – is to check “ifconfig -a” command output. The RUNNING flag is cleared when the link is down. # ifconfig -a …… e1000g0: flags=1000843[UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 192.168.
What is the name of network based installation method in Oracle Solaris 11?
Oracle Solaris 11 uses profile-based network configuration, which comprises two network configuration modes: manual and automatic. Depending on which mode you chose during installation, either the DefaultFixed network configuration profile (NCP) or the Automatic NCP is activated on the system.
How do I change the default gateway in Solaris 11?
- Step 1: edit /etc/defaultrouter. Using the editor of your choice, edit the file /etc/defaultrouter — the only line in the file should be the default route of the system, for example: 192.168.
- Step 2: Delete the current default route.
- Step 3: Assign the current default route.
How do you remove IP address in Solaris 11?
How to Delete IP Addresses From an IPMP Interface
- Become the root role.
- Determine the IP addresses that you want to remove. Display a list of data addresses as follows: # ipadm show-addr ipmp-interface.
- Remove the IP addresses from an IPMP group. Remove data addresses as follows: # ipadm delete-addr addrobj.
How do I check my Internet speed in Solaris 11?
If you have Solaris 11 local repository , you can install iperf using pkg install command on both the hosts in which you would like to measure the bandwidth. The tool name called “netpref” and you can download it from this ftp site.
How do you delete IP address in Solaris 11?
How do I change my gateway IP address in Solaris?
How to Change The Default Route or Gateway on Solaris
- Edit /etc/defaultrouter. -This configuration will apply after next reboot. [root@SolarisServer ~]# vi /etc/defaultrouter 192.168.2.1.
- Run the following command to delete and add the default route. -This will apply the configuration with immediate effect.
How do I set a default route in Solaris?
Creating Persistent (Static) Routes
- Use the route command with the –p option to persistently add a route: # route -p add default ip-address.
- Display the currently active routes on a system by using the netstat command with the following options: # netstat -rn.
How the network is configured in Oracle Solaris 11?
How the Network Is Configured in Oracle Solaris 11 Oracle Solaris 11 uses profile-based network configuration, which is comprised of two network configuration modes: manual (fixed) and automatic (reactive).
How to display link names for physical network interfaces in Solaris 11?
In Oracle Solaris 11, this file does not contain link names for physical network interfaces. To display this information, use the dladm show-phys command, as shown in the previous example.
What is defaultfixed NCP in Oracle Solaris?
The DefaultFixed NCP effectively disables automatic network configuration and requires the network interfaces to be manually configured using dladm and ipadm and the name services to be configured using the Oracle Solaris Service Management Facility (SMF).
What is the difference between/etc/path_to_inst in Oracle Solaris 10 and 11?
In Oracle Solaris 10, you can use the /etc/path_to_inst file to store information about physical and virtual network devices. In Oracle Solaris 11, this file does not contain link names for physical network interfaces.