How do you GREY out a cell outside the print area?
Under the View tab of the Ribbon, “Page Layout” (second button from the left). Looks like the cells have been hidden, to do this select the column from where you want the grey to start, then hit control, shift and the right arrow, then right click and hit ‘hide’ Ta da!!
How do I GREY out cells in Excel?
Select the cells in column A you want to grey out, click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule. 3. Click OK > OK to close the dialogs. And the cells have been greyed out based on another column values.
How do I make every other line GREY in Excel?
Apply color to alternate rows or columns
- Select the range of cells that you want to format.
- Click Home > Format as Table.
- Pick a table style that has alternate row shading.
- To change the shading from rows to columns, select the table, click Design, and then uncheck the Banded Rows box and check the Banded Columns box.
How do I insert a page break line in Word?
How to Add a Page Break
- Place the cursor where you want to start a new page.
- Go to Insert > Pages > Page Break.
- Click on the Show/Hide symbol, which appears as a paragraph mark (¶) on the Home tab.
- Double-click the break you want to remove.
- Hit Delete.
- Highlight the paragraphs or lines you want to keep together.
How do you remove the Page 1 background in Excel?
Remove a sheet background
- Click the worksheet that is displayed with a sheet background. Make sure that only one worksheet is selected.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Delete Background. Delete Background is available only when a worksheet has a sheet background.
How do I change the color of a row in Excel based on text input?
Apply conditional formatting based on text in a cell
- Select the cells you want to apply conditional formatting to. Click the first cell in the range, and then drag to the last cell.
- Click HOME > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Text that Contains.
- Select the color format for the text, and click OK.
How do I select all rows in Excel to alternate?
How to select every Nth row (alternate rows)
- Select the first 3rd row in your shading pattern, e.g. “Name C”.
- Use the keyboard shortcut combination Ctrl + Shift + R.
- Define the range where you want to repeat the shading pattern, e.g. range A2:K15.
- Click OK.
- Now you can delete, copy, color, etc.
How do you make a cell turn a color when data is entered?
Re: RE: How do I make excel change the colour of a cell depending on a different cells date?
- Select cell A2.
- click Conditional Formatting on the Home ribbon.
- click New Rule.
- click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
- click into the formula box and enter the formula.
- click the Format button and select a red color.
What does MOD ROW () 2 )= 0 mean?
In Condition 1 type the following formula “=MOD(ROW(),2)=0”. The ROW function returns the row number of the current cell and then the MOD function is used to obtain the remainder after dividing this number by 2. This formula is True for any cells that have even row numbers.
How do you quickly GREY out unused cells in Excel?
How to quickly grey out all unused area in Excel?
- Enable the sheet in which you want to display working area only, and click View > Page Break Preview.
- Select a range you want to display only, and click Kutools > Show & Hide > Set Scroll Area.
- If you want to display all, click Kutools > Show & Hide > Unhide All Ranges.
Where do you insert a page break?
Go to Layout > Page Setup, select Break, and then choose Page.
- Click or tap in the document where you want a page break.
- Go to Insert > Page Break.
What is Page Break in Word document?
Page breaks are used to end a page without filling it with text. To add a page break, click Insert, and Page Break, then OK. A page break can also be created by holding down the Control key, then pressing Enter.
How do you remove Page 1 from a Word document?
Remove the page number from the first page
- Go to Insert > Header & Footer.
- SelectOptions on the right side, and then select Different First Page.
- Select Options again, and then select Remove Page Numbers.
- To see your page numbers and confirm deletion of the number from the first page, go to View > Reading View.