How do you make a footnote reference list in Word?
Word for Windows (2010 and 2007)
- Open your document and select the References tab. In the Footnotes group, click Show Notes.
- Select the notes you want to convert, and then right-click. Select Convert to Footnote or Convert to Endnote.
How do you add a space before header in Word?
Getting the Expected Space Before a Heading
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- Click Advanced at the left of the dialog box.
- Scroll to the very end of the options in the dialog box.
- Click the plus sign to the left of Layout Options.
- Scroll through the list of options until you find the option called Suppress Space Before After a Hard Page or Column Break.
How do I manually insert a table of contents in Word 2010?
To insert a Manual Table for your TOC in Word, simply:
- Click into your document where you want your TOC.
- Navigate to the References tab.
- Open the Table of Contents dropdown menu.
- Select Manual Table.
How do I add a heading in Word?
To add a heading style
- Type the text you want into a Word document.
- Select a sentence that you want to add a header to.
- Select Home > Styles (or press Alt+H, then L), and then select the heading you want, such as the Heading 1 button.
How do I add a header to the navigation pane in Word?
In the Navigation pane, click the Headings tab. Do any of the following: To move part of the document, click the heading and drag it to a new location. To change the heading’s level or add a heading, right-click the heading, and then choose the action you want.
How do I add a header and footer in Word 365?
Insert a header or footer
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer.
- Choose the header style you want to use. Tip: Some built-in header and footer designs include page numbers.
- Add or change text for the header or footer.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.