The work must present three components: introduction convincingly proved the thesis and a conclusion. There are no strict requirements for the location of the components: the thesis can go in conclusion, but the main task of the author is to ensure the consistency and integrity of the text. Do not forget to use references to other people’s works to designate it with appropriate links and do not overload the paragraphs — each should be marked with one complete thought or argument.
This is a business card, a chance to interest the reader: a word or a phrase, a bold quote to catch and arouse curiosity, without deviating from the main thesis. Use a draft, because finding an interesting “hook” for the introduction is easier during the work on the essay, and then put it in the introductory part. Remember the popular saying that a good idea always comes later!
Try to use words that are directly related to the theme of the work.
- Pacifier. Applicant’s sin quotations of popular people, primitive jokes or loud headlines and facts from the media, had time to get tired of the order of the inspection Commission. Such an introduction will not cause positive emotions.
- Dry facts. The task of the introduction is to awaken interest: do not hesitate to be emotional, because the restrained presentation of the facts will leave the reader indifferent.
- The lack of integrity of the text. The introduction should not be out of the rest of the text, should be logically justified and related to the rest of the compositional parts.
Choosing a thesis, you must firmly understand that this is not a scientifically proven fact and not the result of experiments and observations, and the main idea of the essay, which can be expressed in a few words. To be sure of the thesis, imagine: the examiner put your written work aside and, without reading, asked the question, what is the main idea. Two or three sentences that will be needed to answer — this is the thesis, a summary of the entire essay.
The topic offered in educational institutions often has different interpretations and approaches. Before you do not have the task to find a clear solution to the question — remember that you want to learn from a personal point of view, check the ability to think logically and intellectual savvy.
- To be or not to be? A too philosophical approach to the problem will lead to the loss of a firm position and turn the essay into meaningless abstract reasoning. Indicate a specific, not too radical opinion.
- Invalid volume. Some people mistake arguments for part of the conclusion, which turns a thesis into an excessively long statement. Remember: an academic essay is not a school essay, accuracy and brevity are important here.
- Polemic with himself. It is not necessary to denote uncertainty in the conclusion — it will cause additional questions and create a feeling of incompleteness.
There should be several reasons that determine your position on the question: describe each of them in detail in a separate paragraph, trying to follow the semantic sequence. Priority is given to students who are not only able to solve the problem, but also to see it.
- A questionable argument. Remember that the concept of “argument” implies its truth — do not result as evidence of someone’s speculation.
- Do not repeat twice. The same thought, in other words, expressed in another paragraph, will give the impression that there is nothing to say.
In conclusion, do not repeat what has already been written — briefly finish your thought, write a thesis, if you decide to leave it in the end. The conclusion should be polished and elegantly summarize the previous reasoning. A good way is to share the experience of writing this particular essay: to tell what was the most difficult and what became a discovery for you.
- New Argument. The conclusion is a summing up of all the above, this part does not imply the appearance of additional arguments: if you have any thoughts, add an additional paragraph.
- Needless to describe at the end of the structure and content of their work — they speak for themselves. The conclusion is intended to create a sense of completeness and completeness in the reader.
Generally, the ability to write academically will help you in future.