TOURISM’S TEN COMMANDMENTS
What are the 10 Commandments of Tour Guiding?
TOURISM’S TEN COMMANDMENTS
- ALWAYS STICK TO THE ITINERARY.
- APOLOGISE RATHER THAN EXPLAIN.
- SUPPORT YOUR DRIVER.
- TALK ABOUT ‘US’ NOT ‘THEM’ WHEN REFERRING TO THE TOUR OPERATOR.
- ALWAYS BE ON TIME.
- GEOGRAPHY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HISTORY.
- YOU ALWAYS LOSE THE ARGUMENT.
- TELLING JOKES IS NOT THE SAME AS HAVING FUN.
What is the importance of tour guiding?
It is their task to entertain visitors to their region and to help them to interpret the sights that they are visiting. They help tourists to have a positive experience and take care of their guests as good as they can.
What is tour commentary How should a tour guide deliver it?
The Tour Commentary A tour commentary is a narrative used by a tour guide to describe a site and provide information about various aspects of a country to tourists while on a tour.
What qualities of a tour guide do you think is the most important?
10 Qualities Every Tour Guide Should Have
- Strong Communication Skills. Being a guide is all about having strong communication skills.
- Personable & Outgoing. This skill takes communication to the next level.
- A Memory Like a Steal Trap.
- Improvisational Skills.
- Just Enough Enthusiasm.
- A Keen Sense of Direction.
What are the challenges that you may encounter as a tour guide and how will you solve it?
Here are the truth and challenges of tour guiding you will face:
- No Stable Income & Labor Insurance. This is a brutal problem faced by tour guides.
- Nearly Work 24 Hours.
- Feel Lonely.
- Repeat Traveling the Same Place.
- Being Knowledgeable is a Must.
- Test Your Patience.
How do you end a tour guide?
Conclusion A Good Tour Guide: Says his/her closing remarks and thanks you for coming. Action Step: Reccomend other sights, restaurants, etc. that you didn’t get to show them on the tour.
What do you mean by tour guiding?
A tour guide (U.S.) or a tourist guide (European) is a person who provides assistance, information on cultural, historical and contemporary heritage to people on organized sightseeing and individual clients at educational establishments, religious and historical sites such as; museums, and at various venues of tourist …
How do you write a guided tour?
10 Tips for Tour Script Writing and Becoming a Better Guide
- Tip #1: Focus on Story, Not Facts and Figures. When writing your script, it’s hard to avoid facts and figures.
- Tip #2: Make People Feel Good.
- Tip #3: Pick a Theme.
- Tip #4: Make People Care.
- Tip #5: Write Short Stories.
- Tip #6: Work at Tour Script Writing.
- Tip #7: Make a Point.
- Tip #8: Use Small Words.
What are the inclusions of the tour package?
Packaged tours typically include:
- All transfers between airports/harbours/stations and hotels.
- Twin share tourist and first-class accommodation with private facilities, as specified.
- Rental cars.
- Entrance fees to attractions.
- Tickets for entry to events or attractions.
How do you describe a tour?
Here are 10 easy-to-follow tips for writing a tour description that sells:
- Know what makes your experience unique and different from other tours in the same destination.
- Capture your highlights.
- Write a brief summary of the tour.
- Use keywords to boost your SEO value.
- Avoid the use of cliched “atmospheric” adjectives.
How would you make the most of a short tour?
A Few Tips for Short Trips
- Plan sights/things you want to see before the trip. When you go on a weekend trip, you usually don’t have much time.
- Pack light.
- Set a budget and keep track of the money you’re spending.
- Check out local events.
- Check the city’s transport.
- Try the local food.
- Enjoy your free time.
- Keep everything.
What is another name for tour guide?
What is another word for tour guide?
Who is a tour operator what are its types?
Domestic tour operators are those that put together inclusive tour packages and sell them to domestic travelers. In other words, they are tour operators who provide travel packages and tours within a tourist’s native country. Domestic tours usually involve residents of a specific country traveling within that country.
What are the types of tour?
There are 3 main types of tours:
- Sightseeing Tours.
- Shore Excursion Tours.
- Adventure or Sporting Tours.
- Other Types of Tours.
- Combining Tours.
What problems can you face while Travelling?
10 common travel problems and their solutions
- Getting lost. Some people have fantastic spatial awareness, others not so much, but most people have got lost at least once in their life.
- Getting mugged.
- Losing your phone.
- Getting sick.
- Not speaking the language.
- Running out of money.
- Missing a flight.
Do and don’ts in tour guiding?
Terms in this set (12)
- Be Punctual. Dos.
- Be Late. Donts.
- Come prepared. Dos.
- Provide false or unsure information. Donts.
- Be cordial and pleasant. Dos.
- Show your exhaustion. Donts.
- Watch your own health. Dos.
- Overdo things. Donts.
What are the four stages of Tour Guiding?
- Four stages of tour guiding techniques.
- Pre – tour.
- Tour proper.
- Arrival procedures.
- Activities during the tour.
- Departure procedures.
- Complaints management.
- Post tour.
What problems can occur when Travelling?
So that doesn’t happen to you, I’ve broken down how to bounce back from 6 of the most common travel problems.
- Gross Accommodation. Problem: So the hotel of your dreams doesn’t quite match the images online.
- Getting Sick.
- Feeling Lonely.
- Language Barriers.
- Losing Your Stuff.
How do you say thank you to tour guide?
Please accept our heartfelt gratitude for being such a great host and a wonderful tour guide. You took us to places we hardly had any idea about. You and this trip will be etched out in our memories forever.
What are the responsibilities of a tour operator?
Tour operator: job description. Tour operators are responsible for organising and preparing holiday tours. They follow trends in the popularity of destinations and packages, and adjust company plans accordingly. Skills in other languages would be a big advantage in this role.
How can we encourage tourists to come to our country?
4 Steps to Attract Tourists to Your Country
- Connect with agents. Developing partnerships with the right agents can have a significant impact on the travelers who discover your destination.
- Optimize your website for mobile use. Mobile technology is no longer a luxury, but rather a necessity.
- Invest in video marketing.
- Embrace chatbots for the booking experience.
How do you write a tour description?
How do you write a tour description that’s better?
- Speak to your audience. A tour description is not the place to boast — that’s for writing an About Us page.
- Start with a hook.
- Show, don’t tell.
- Tell a story.
- Break up the details.
- Remember keywords.
What do you think is the impact importance of a tour guide in a tour package?
Tour Guide Ensure Your Safety, Make your Travel Hassle-Free The role of tour guides includes watching you back, making sure guests would not get hurt or swallow something toxic. Also, tour guides can diminish language barrier, so that tourists are less likely to be swindled by local businessmen.
What are the important elements of tourism industry in tour guiding?
There are six major components of tourism, each with their own sub-components. These are: tourist boards, travel services, accommodation services, conferences and events, attractions and tourism services.