What format does OpenOffice use?
How do I change the default program for apps in Windows 10?
How to Change File Associations in Windows 10
- Right-click the Start button (or hit the WIN+X hotkey) and choose Settings.
- Select Apps from the list.
- Choose Default apps on the left.
- Scroll down a little and select Choose default apps by file type.
- Locate the file extension for which you want to change the default program.
What are the advantages of using open office over MS Office?
Here are some of the advantages of OpenOffice.org over other office suites:
- No licensing fees. OOo is free for anyone to use and distribute at no cost.
- Open source.
- Extensive language support.
- Consistent user interface.
- File compatibility.
How do I make open office My default in Windows 10?
Change default programs in Windows 10
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- You may want your . pdf files, or email, or music to automatically open using an app other than the one provided by Microsoft.
How do I remove default apps in Windows 10?
Remove default app by file type
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps > Defaults Apps.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
- This will reset all file type and protocol associations to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
How do I keep Windows 10 from changing my default apps?
Right-click Start, click Control Panel, Default Programs, Set your default programs. Hope this helps.
How do I save a document in OpenOffice?
Saving as a Microsoft Word document
- First save your document in OOo’s format (. odt).
- Then click File > Save As. The Save As window appears.
- In the Save as type drop-down menu, select the type of Word format you need.
- Click Save.
Why can’t I change default apps in Windows 10?
Assuming that you have already tried to set a particular app as default, but the Settings app on Windows 10 isn’t applying the changes or an error appears, do the following: Click on Set defaults by app. Control Panel will open on Set Default Programs. On the left, select the app you want to set as default.
How do I change what program opens a file?
Change individual default apps
- Go to app settings. Under Settings, locate “Apps” or “App Settings.” Then choose the “All Apps” tab near the top.
- Reset default settings. On the App’s settings, choose Clear Defaults.
- Select a new default app. Tap the app you want to start using instead and then tap “Always.”