Where does the table of contents go?
Table of Contents. Include the heading “TABLE OF CONTENTS” in all capital letters, and center it 2″ below the top of the page. Include one double-spaced line between the heading and the first entry.
How do I make a proper table of contents?
Create the Table of Contents
- Click where you want your Table of Contents to appear.
- Display the Table of Contents dialog. To do that: In Word 2000, choose Insert > Index and Tables. In Microsoft Word 2002 and 2003, choose Insert > Reference > Index and Tables.
- Click on the Table of Contents tab. Click OK.
How do I remove content from a table of contents in Word?
How to Delete a Table of Contents in Microsoft Word
- Click on the References tab and from the Table of Contents group, click Table of Contents .
- Select Remove Table of Contents from the drop-down menu by clicking on it.
How do I save a Word bookmark as a PDF?
How to save from Word to a PDF with bookmarks
- In Word, click the “File” tab and click “Save As”.
- Select “PDF” from the Save as drop-down list.
- Under “Options,” be sure that the option “Create bookmarks using: Headings” is checked.
How do I make a table of contents clickable in Word 2016?
How to Add a Table of Contents in Word 2016
- Format your document using heading styles found on the Home tab, e.g., Heading 1, Heading 2, and so on.
- Place the cursor where you want the table of contents to appear (usually, the beginning of the document)
- Click Table of Contents on the References Tab, and choose one of the types of tables of contents available.
What is Table of Contents How is it useful?
A table of contents provides links to sections and subsections of the same document. The table of contents serves two purposes: It gives users an overview of the document’s contents and organization. It allows readers to go directly to a specific section of an on-line document.
How do you create a hyperlink table of contents?
In Word, put your cursor where you would like the TOC to appear, go to the “References” tab in Word, and click on “Table of Contents.” The table of contents section of the References tab in Word. Select “Insert Table of Contents…” from the drop-down menu.
How do I create a link in a PDF document?
To add hyperlinks, just take the following steps:
- Open your PDF document using Adobe.
- Click on Tools > Edit PDF > Link. Then select “Add/Edit Web or Document Link. Next, drag a box to where you want to add the hyperlink to.
- Last, save the file, and it will add the hyperlink to the document.
How do I edit a table of contents in pages?
Generate a table of contents
- Place the pointer where you want the table of contents to appear.
- Choose Insert > Table of Contents (from the Insert menu at the top of your computer screen), then choose an option:
- In the Table of Contents pane of the Format inspector, select the paragraph styles you want to include.
How do I view the table of contents in PDF?
Some PDF files contain a table of contents, which lets you quickly jump to sections within a document. To view the table of contents, Choose View > Show Contents Pane, and click the TOC button or choose View > Table Of Contents.