Follow these steps:
How do I custom Sort numbers in Excel?
Follow these steps:
- Select the columns to sort.
- In the ribbon, click Data > Sort.
- In the Sort popup window, in the Sort by drop-down, choose the column on which you need to sort.
- From the Order drop-down, select Custom List.
- In the Custom Lists box, select the list that you want, and then click OK to sort the worksheet.
Why can’t I do a custom Sort in Excel?
Wrong Selection. If you select the wrong rows and columns or less than the full cell range that contains the information you want to sort, Microsoft Excel can’t arrange your data the way you want to view it. With a partial range of cells selected, only the selection sorts.
How do you custom sort in Excel without mixing data?
- Click into any cell in the COLUMN you want to sort by within your list. (DO NOT highlight that column as this will sort that column only and leave the rest of your data where it is.)
- Click on the DATA tab.
- Click on either the Sort Ascending or Sort Descending. button.
How do you arrange numbers in descending order in Excel?
To sort the numbers in ascending or descending order, we use the formulas “LARGE”, “SMALL” and “ROW” in Microsoft Excel. To sort in ascending order use the “SMALL” function along with the “ROW” function. And to sort in descending order use the “LARGE” function along with the “ROW” function.
How do you sort numerically in Excel and keep rows together?
In Excel, you can use the Sort function to sort a column and keep rows.
- Select the column data you want to sort, and then click Data > Sort.
- In the Sort Warning dialog, keep Expand the selection option checked, and click Sort.
- In the Sort dialog, specify the criterion that you will sort on and the sorting order.
How do I create a custom list in Excel?
Create a custom list
- For Excel 2010 and later, click File > Options > Advanced > General > Edit Custom Lists.
- For Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button.
- In the Custom Lists box, click NEW LIST, and then type the entries in the List entries box, beginning with the first entry.
- When the list is complete, click Add.
Where is custom list in Excel?
How to Create Custom Lists in Excel
- Click the File tab.
- Click on Options.
- Click on the Advanced option in the left-pane.
- In the General option, click on the ‘Edit Custom Lists’ button (you may have to scroll down to get to this option)
How do you make a custom sort in Excel?
In excel, we can find this custom sort option at the right corner of the ribbon, as shown below: Choose the custom sort option where we will get the sorting dialogue box as follows. The sorting option will ask to expand the selection or to continue with the current selection.
How to create a custom sort in Microsoft Excel?
Type any item from a custom list in a cell
What is a custom sort option in Excel?
Custom Sorting. Custom Sorting in Excel is used to define your own custom order. At times, you may need to sort data that is not an alphabetical or ascending sort. Excel lets you create your own custom lists to sort data. Suppose you want to sort the dataset based on Area in the following order – S. County, Central, and N. County.
How to automatically sort in Excel?
i. Auto Sort Data in Ascending Order. A data set is given like this one in the picture. We need to sort them in ascending order.