How do you decorate a long thin hallway?
Narrow hallway ideas – 10 essential design rules for making a long space seem wider
- Be fussy with furniture in a narrow hallway.
- Light up a small space.
- Stick to a monochromatic color palette.
- Hang up a mirror in a small entrance.
- Use paint to visually enlarge a narrow hallway.
- Play to proportions in a long hallway.
What can I put on my long narrow hallway on the wall?
Hallway Decor Ideas
- Hang a Mirror. Put a mirror down at the end to extend the hallway even more and possibly reflect some light down there.
- Use Contrasting Paint Color.
- Add Artwork.
- Lay a Runner.
- Create Wall Finishes.
- Paint a Ceiling Treatment.
- Install More Lighting.
How do I decorate my entrance hallway?
Small hallway ideas – 10 tips to make your entrance hall look…
- Consider scale, light and color in a small hallway.
- Decorate with your favorite color.
- Tone it down and opt for sophistication.
- Add a standout pattern for impact.
- Decorate with an accent color for impact.
- Use symmetry as a design feature.
What do you put in a large hallway?
What to Do With a Big Hallway
- Add a good-sized console. Create a warm and welcoming ambience by incorporating a console within a large hallway.
- Incorporate built-in storage.
- Introduce a seating area.
- Create a walk-in library.
- Decorate with plants.
- Create a study area.
- Convert it into an atrium.
- Give it a minimalist look.
How do you decorate a large hallway?
How do you transform a long hallway?
Light can open up the space and highlight elements within it. Wall sconces or floor lamps spaced evenly along the hallway brightens the space, opens it up and adds warmth. A large mirror or a series of mirrors on the walls also serves to reflect light, making the hallway feel wider.
What should I put in my hallway?
- Make a statement with mirrors. Want to fake your way to a more spacious hallway?
- Style with shiplap.
- Repeat your light fixtures.
- Pick out a pendant.
- Add accessories.
- Wow with wallpaper.
- Create storage with a console.
- Keep your console clear.
What do you put on a large hallway wall?
10 Clever Hallway Decor Ideas
- 01 of 10. Get Organized.
- 02 of 10. Create a Gallery Wall.
- 03 of 10. Go Bold With Striped Wallpaper.
- 04 of 10. Add a Picture Ledge.
- 05 of 10. Take It In a Modern Direction.
- 06 of 10. Be Concise With Accoutrements.
- 07 of 10. Expand Space With Mirrors.
- 08 of 10. Liven Things Up With Botanical Wall Coverings.
How to decorate a long, dark hallway?
– Paint walls (Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige) and trim (Sherwin Williams Extra White) – Remove carpeting and extend hardwood flooring down the entire hallway – Add a carpet runner – Replace missing smoke detector – Replace can lights with up to date fixtures – Add board and batten to the walls – Add artwork – Add decorative touches (linen closet sign)
How should I decorate my long narrow hallway?
Focus on the floor and ceiling. You’ll be amazed at what a huge difference it will make to simply add a runner and swap out the lights for something a
How to decorate long hallways?
Hallways physically connect spaces. Complete the connection with a visual tie between spaces through the buffer of a hallway. Decorate the hallway with a color from one space, which then carries that color into the connected spaces beyond. Runner rugs, wall art, and paint colors can all help connect rooms with color.
How to hang pictures in a long hallway?
– Focus on the floor and ceiling. – Add some interest to the walls. – Don’t forget the art! – If you have the space, consider a table. – Don’t skimp on the personality.