How to remove disk from dg?
A disk that contains no subdisks can be removed from its disk group with this command:
- # vxdg [-g diskgroup ] rmdisk diskname.
- # vxdg -g mydg rmdisk mydg02.
- # vxdiskunsetup devicename.
- # vxdiskunsetup sdc.
- If you choose y , then all volumes are moved off the disk, if possible. Some volumes may not be movable.
How do you remove a disk from Veritas control?
Moving volumes to disk partitions
- Evacuate disks using the vxdiskadm command, the VOM GUI, or the vxevac utility.
- Remove the evacuated disks from VxVM control by entering: # vxdg rmdisk diskname # vxdisk rm devname.
- Decide which volume to move first, and if the volume is mounted, unmount it.
How do I remove a disk from Diskgroup?
To drop disks from a disk group, use the DROP DISK clause of the ALTER DISKGROUP statement. You can also drop all of the disks in specified failure groups using the DROP DISKS IN FAILGROUP clause.
How do I resize a Veritas File?
If the file system is mounted and VxFS, you can grow or shrink the size. If a VxFS file system is unmounted, you cannot grow or shrink the size. If the file system is mounted and UFS, you can grow the size only….
|Resizing a file system and the underlying volume|
|Prev||Resizing a file system||Next|
How do I remove volume from VxVM?
The -r option to vxedit indicates recursive removal. This removes all plexes associated with the volume and all subdisks associated with those plexes. The -f option to vxedit forces removal. This is necessary if the volume is still enabled.
How do I remove disk from ASM Diskgroup?
Remove disk from ASM diskgroup. SQL> alter diskgroup ORA_DATA drop disk ORA_DATA_0010 rebalance power 100; 3….Remove Disk from ASM diskgroup in Oracle 19c.
- Check the ASM disks in ASM DiskGroup.
- Remove disk from ASM diskgroup.
- Check the rebalance status.
- Check the dropped disk from ASM Diskgroup.
- Delete the ASM Disk.
How do I delete a Diskgroup in ASM?
- diskgroup_name. Specify the name of the disk group you want to drop.
- INCLUDING CONTENTS. Specify INCLUDING CONTENTS to confirm that Oracle ASM should drop all the files in the disk group.
- EXCLUDING CONTENTS.
What is the vxdisk utility?
The vxdisk utility performs basic administrative operations on disks. Operations include initializing and replacing disks, as well as taking care of some book-keeping necessary for the disk model presented by VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM).
How do you identify a disk in VxVM?
For vxdisk operations on an initialized disk (disk), the disk may be specified either by its disk access name or by its disk media name.Physical disks in VxVM are assumed to be movable, and are usually identified by a unique disk ID stored on the physical disk, rather than by a disk device node.
Does dg01disk01 have a VxVM object?
From the standard “vxprint” output no Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) objects are reported or associated with Veritas disk media (dm) name “dg01disk01”. Even though the “vxdisk reclam” process completed without issues, the space has not been released. The “vxdg free” command implies the space is still allocated:
What are the operations of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM)?
Operations include initializing and replacing disks, as well as taking care of some book-keeping necessary for the disk model presented by VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM). [box type=”note” align=”alignleft” ]Note: A disk does not have a disk media name until it has been initialized by VxVM.